Monday, September 14, 2009

Fair Enough

image

The fairs here in the Midwest are quirky, there’s no getting around that.  Last year we wrote about the Arcola Broomcorn Festival and as boring as it may sound this is actually our 4th (I think) time back and we love it!

 001

We hit some of our favorite vendors and a few new ones as well.  Deep-fried candy bars, who would have thought?  I saw on the news that a vendor at our state fair was selling chocolate covered bacon.  I think if it is good for you it doesn’t belong at the fair.  Just sayin’…

005

The parade was fun (yes folks, that is me still pregnant) and for someone who LOVES (understatement) all things with wheels, Aedan sure did a lot of this during the parade…

008 

Gotta love the Lawn Rangers of course.

015

Hey wait, can I zoom in on this for a second? Is that Obama with a plunger?

015

Well anyway, a few extra quirks caught our attention this year:

011

Puppet and Drama Ministry?  Okay don’t get me wrong, I’m a big fan of using all sorts of teaching methods, in moderation.  This seemed a little silly though but I’d be willing to give it a try...  Course, I’ve never been a fan of Veggie Tales either…

021

And in case you forgot Grandparents Day yesterday: get granny a H.A.G.S. Tshirt.  I know my grandma would have got a good laugh out of it!  (no we didn’t buy one for you Grandma, maybe next year)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, pop in again soon!