Thursday, December 17, 2009

Come, Ye Thankful People, Come!

We took a quick trip to Utah over Thanksgiving so we can let my parents meet Lily and to have Lily’s baby blessing there (post on that yet to come) as Neal’s parents were vacationing out there as well. I was grateful for the timing of it all as I had not been home for Thanksgiving since before Neal and I were married. Now I know why we hadn’t done it sooner – Thanksgiving is too short a time to really feel like you can get in a full visit and when you get home, you literally hit the ground running because Christmas is just around the corner. I wish we could have stayed longer!

246

My mom with Lily, her first grand daughter.

248

Aedan with Grandpa who likes to show Aedan YouTube videos.

250

Neal, Lily, Aedan trying to predict snow in the forecast at the Clark Planetarium in SLC.

256

Ooooooo!

265

Aedan loved getting some good Grandma and Grandpa time.

272

Lily with her Great Grandma (my dad’s mom) for the first time.

273

Aedan made special Thanksgiving presents, a hand stamped Turkey apron and a T-shirt for himself. We made it using fabric paint and a fabric marker to draw on the details. Lots of fun but tricky for a kid who generally doesn’t like getting his hands dirty.

275

Great Aunt D and Aedan before the Thanksgiving feast.

287

Baby’s 1st Thanksgiving. It was a great one, just like the ones I remember as a kid. I’m glad my kids got to experience that.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! Sorry it was too short! When is your next BIG vacation out here? We need to get together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, pop in again soon!