Friday, April 4, 2008

Tribute to a Friend

Today I pay tribute to a good friend, Spencer, brother of a longtime friend/old roommate of mine. Earlier this week I learned that he passed away on Monday. Spencer and I had some good times when he was younger and even though he had some immense physical/mental challenges in his life, you would never guess that he "suffered" because of them. He was such a happy boy and if there was one thing he communicated well, it was love. Love of the simple things in life, love of those who cared for him, love of the life he had on earth. Thank you Spencer for being my friend and for teaching me to appreciate the little pleasures in life, from the feel of rice running through our fingers, to the sound of a bird singing in the trees that shaded us. I am so blessed to have known him and I look forward to the time when we can actually walk and talk together in our life in heaven.

For those who know the Hawkins family, funeral services will be held tomorrow (Saturday) and you can find the details in his obituary. Our condolences go out to all the family and know that we will miss him.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea Spencer had passed away! He was such a sweet boy. If you talk to Mel, let her know I'm thinking about her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, pop in again soon!