Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Aedan Talk and Talk...

He has picked up some phrases from his Thomas the Tank Engine movies that are funny by themselves but are even funnier coming from a two-year old.... some are repeats from a previous post but he still says them so I'm adding them to the list.






"I am a silly engine"

"Heave ho, heave ho..."

"I'm essential!"

"A freight train, a freight train! Oh, da shame a nit, da shame a nit!" (the shame of it)

"Bust my buffers!"





Words and pictures he can identify his Dora the Explorer and Diego books - stuff I'm sure I never said until at least Jr. High (and I had to check the spelling even now...): archaeologist, sloth, chinchilla (one of his favs), didgeridoo, puma, ....





The other day he was crying and crying, and I was going down the usual list of causes:

Me: Do you have owies here? (point to various places)

Aedan: (still crying)

Me: Do you want to go outside? Do you want milk? Are you hungry?

Aedan: (still crying)

Me: Do you want your diaper changed? Do you need anything? Tell me please.

Aedan: No! Just cry..... :(





And to end on a happier note, we arrived home after his birthday party, pulled into our parking space, turned off the car, and silence and then:

Aedan: (sigh) We had fun!



That makes it all worth it!

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJuly 09, 2008

    It is so funny what Danny picks up from his Thomas the Tank Engine movie! I love the "oh the shame of it!" phrase. I can just hear Aedan saying it now . . .:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, pop in again soon!