Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mom vs. Boy

I've got a backlog of posts but this one feels more immediate - today Aedan got his first pair of slivers in his hands and I managed to get one out amidst the kicking and screaming but the second one is still there thanks to another burst of strength he gained to resist me. So after much fussiness this morning he decided to get his revenge on me and dumped out an entire box of corn flakes on the kitchen floor. He then claimed I needed to clean up the "snow flakes" and I told him no (hey, I have the right to be stubborn too!)

So he is "cleaning" them up his way.


I suppose I should be a good mom and worry about his methods but I'm also keen on having him eat. His efforts to spite me are providing nourishment for his body - I'm not going to complain. Maybe if I leave it all day I won't have to worry about lunch and dinner....

Mom vs. Boy. Who is the victor here?

4 comments:

  1. We are having a day like this too. If you listen closely, you can probably hear Taylor screaming from across the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... I'd say it's a draw here. You both played a good game :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SASSY!! That boy is sassy! It's a good think he's so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, pop in again soon!